Our vision and values
Aboriginal people in NSW are determining their own futures
Aboriginal Affairs NSW works with Aboriginal communities to promote social, economic and cultural well-being through opportunity, choice,
healing, responsibility and empowerment.
We implement OCHRE,
the NSW Government’s plan for Aboriginal affairs, establish partnerships for economic prosperity, support effective Aboriginal community
governance and strengthen cultural identity and language.
As part of the NSW Public Service, Aboriginal Affairs adopts the following values:
- value Aboriginal cultures.
- embed Aboriginal voices into our work.
- promote Aboriginal people’s rights and interests.
- promote healing and respect.
- recognise Aboriginal leadership and empowerment.