Support is available for those affected by the NSW floods. Resources and information can be found at the NSW Flood Assistance and Resources page.
You are here: Home › Healing and Reparations › Stolen Generations › Advisory Committee
In this section:
Stolen Generations Advisory Committee
The NSW Government has established a Stolen Generations Advisory Committee to support the implementation of the NSW Government Response to ‘Unfinished Business’. The Stolen Generations Advisory Committee reports to the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and the Premier on issues impacting on Stolen Generations survivors.
The Committee has been extended until May 2023. Through the Advisory Committee survivor representatives from the four NSW Stolen Generations Organisations – Kinchela Boys’ Home Aboriginal Corporation, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation, Children of the Bomaderry Aboriginal Children’s Home Incorporated and the NSW/ACT Stolen Generations Council – work with government officials from the Departments responsible for delivering services or supports for Stolen Generations survivors.
Some Stolen Generations Organisations have chosen to nominate an additional representative, to participate when one of the two members representing their organisation is not available.
The Advisory Committee members are:
- Aunty Christine Blakeney, Children of Bomaderry Aboriginal Children's Home Incorporated
- Aunty Pamela Dixon, Children of Bomaderry Aboriginal Children's Home Incorporated
- Uncle James Michael Welsh, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Uncle Lester Maher, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Uncle Richard Campbell, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Lorraine Peeters, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Robyn Lowe, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Matilda House, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT
- Uncle Richard Dawes, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT
- (Vacant - pending), Aboriginal Housing Office (Department of Planning, Industry and Environment)
- Ms Geraldine Wilson Matenga, Ministry of Health
- Mr Stephen Bray, Department of Communities and Justice
- Mr Leon Donovan, National Indigenous Australians Agency, Australian Government
Meetings and Communiques:
The Stolen Generations Advisory Committee has met since it was established in May 2017.
Download the meeting communiques below.
- 3 December 2019 Communique
- 1 October 2019 Communique
- 20 May 2019 Communique
- 3 December 2018 Communique
- 18 June 2018 Communique
- 6 March 2018 Communique
- 11 September 2017 Communique
- 29 May 2017 Communique
An overview of the work of the Stolen Generations Advisory Committee, as of July 2018 can be found in the Unfinished Business Progress Report to Parliament, and the Unfinished Business Progress Report to Parliament 2020.