Stolen Generations Advisory Committee
The NSW Government has established a Stolen Generations Advisory Committee to support the implementation of the NSW Government Response to
‘Unfinished Business’. The Stolen Generations Advisory Committee reports to the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and the Premier on issues
impacting on Stolen Generations survivors.
The Committee has been extended until May 2023. Through the Advisory Committee survivor representatives from the four NSW Stolen Generations
Organisations – Kinchela Boys’ Home Aboriginal Corporation, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation, Children of the Bomaderry Aboriginal
Children’s Home Incorporated and the NSW/ACT Stolen Generations Council – work with government officials from the Departments responsible
for delivering services or supports for Stolen Generations survivors.
Some Stolen Generations Organisations have chosen to nominate an additional representative, to participate when one of the two members
representing their organisation is not available.
The Advisory Committee members are:
- Aunty Christine Blakeney, Children of Bomaderry Aboriginal Children's Home Incorporated
- Aunty Pamela Dixon, Children of Bomaderry Aboriginal Children's Home Incorporated
- Uncle James Michael Welsh, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Uncle Lester Maher, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Uncle Richard Campbell, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Fay Moseley, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Lorraine Peeters, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Janet Smith, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Matilda House, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT
- Uncle Richard Dawes, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT
- Ms Lilian Gordon, Aboriginal Affairs (Department of Premier and Cabinet)
- Ms Jody Broun, Aboriginal Housing Office (Department of Planning, Industry and Environment)
- Ms Geraldine Wilson Matenga, Ministry of Health
- Mr Stephen Bray, Department of Communities and Justice
- Mr Leon Donovan, National Indigenous Australians Agency, Australian Government
Meetings and Communiques:
The Stolen Generations Advisory Committee has met since it was established in May 2017.
Download the meeting communiques below.
An overview of the work of the Stolen Generations Advisory Committee, as of July 2018 can be found in the Unfinished
Business Progress Report to Parliament,
and the Unfinished Business Progress Report to Parliament 2020.