2022 NAIDOC Grants Program (CLOSED)
NAIDOC Grant funding is provided by Aboriginal Affairs NSW to support activities and events in NSW held during NAIDOC Week (3 July – 10
July 2022) that celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements.
The theme for NAIDOC Week in 2022 is Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up! at https://www.naidoc.org.au/.
Events and activities must be held between 3 July 2022 and 30 November 2022.
When can I apply for funding?
Applications open 9am Tuesday 1 March 2022
Applications close 5pm Thursday 14 April 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
How much can I apply for?
Applicants can apply for grants from $500 to $3,000. Aboriginal Affairs NSW has allocated $250,000 for NAIDOC Grant funding in 2022.
Who can apply?
Aboriginal Affairs NSW NAIDOC Grants, where possible, are distributed to Aboriginal run and controlled organisations.
Eligible applicants are:
incorporated not-for-profit organisations registered with NSW Fair Trading under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (NSW)
- Aboriginal Corporations registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth)
- not-for-profit companies incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Local Aboriginal Land Councils established under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 (NSW)
- NSW Local Council operating under the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW)
- Incorporated Cooperatives (incorporated under state/territory legislation, and commonly have ’Cooperative' in their legal name)
- incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust, including Catholic School trusts
- unincorporated groups who have entered into an agreement with an eligible organisation to receive and manage the funding.
Applicants must be located in NSW and/or delivering a service to communities within NSW.
Applicants must have public liability of at least $10 million per claim.
Applicants not eligible for funding are:
- Federal and State Government agencies and bodies, including public schools and hospitals
- NSW Public Schools (however, can partner with an eligible organisation)
- for-profit organisations, including Aboriginal businesses
- unincorporated organisations or groups without an eligible auspicing organisation
organisations that have not met project requirements, including acquittal and reporting for NAIDOC Grant funding received from Aboriginal
Affairs NSW in the previous two years.
NSW Public Schools
NSW Public Schools cannot apply for NAIDOC Grants. NSW Public Schools who want to apply for a NAIDOC Grant should approach an eligible
organisation to partner with, such as an incorporated P&C, incorporated local Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (AECG) or Local
Aboriginal Land Council (LALC) who can be the applicant.
If an unincorporated group wishes to apply for a NAIDOC Grant, they will need to partner with an eligible organisation to receive and
administer the funding. The eligible organisation must apply on behalf of the unincorporated group.
For further information including what can be funded and selection criteria, download the 2022
NAIDOC Grants Program Guidelines.
Applications are to be completed online at https://aboriginalaffairs.smartygrants.com.au/
Support and contacts
We have a range of resources (FAQs,
by Step Guide)
to assist you with your application.
If you have any questions regarding the Aboriginal Affairs NSW NAIDOC Grants, please contact your nearest Aboriginal Affairs NSW regional
office on the phone numbers below:
||02 8575 1037
||02 8575 1172
||02 8575 1068
||02 8575 1057
||02 8575 1057
||02 8575 1073
||02 8575 1126
||02 8575 1105
(Note: If you have questions regarding the Aboriginal Affairs NSW Closing the
Gap Strengthening Business Capability Grants or Strengthening Community Capability, Contact Officers are available on 1800 019 998 or