Our Advisory Group
Our research and evaluation work is supported by an advisory group which brings together academic experts in areas of interest to Aboriginal Affairs.
Together the group provides the perspectives from many disciplines, specialist expertise, and independent advice on the priorities and activities
within our research and evaluation program.
The members of the advisory group are:
- Associate Professor Nicholas Biddle, Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research, Deputy Director, ANU Centre for Social Research and Methods,
Australian National University
- Dr Kyllie Cripps, Acting Director, Indigenous Law Centre, University of NSW
- Professor Dennis Gray, Deputy Director, National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University
- Associate Professor Janet Hunt, Deputy Director, Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research, Australian National University
- Dr Wendy Jarvie, Visiting Professor, School of Business, University of NSW Canberra
- Professor Ilan Katz, Social Policy Research Centre, University of NSW
- Professor Richard Madden, Director, Sydney Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Statistics, University of Sydney
- Jeff McMullen AM, journalist, author and film-maker
- Dr Gabrielle Russell-Mundine, Academic Leader, National Centre for Cultural Competence, University of Sydney
- Associate Professor Heidi Norman, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Technology Sydney
- Professor Chris Sarra, founder and Chairman of the Stronger Smarter Institute and Professor of Education at the University of Canberra
- Professor Juanita Sherwood, Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Strategy and Services), University of Sydney
- Dr Shawn Wilson, Director, Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian Peoples, Southern Cross University
Full biographies of members can be found here.