Our Vision, Values and Priorities
Our vision is Aboriginal people in NSW are determining their own futures
Aboriginal Affairs works with Aboriginal communities to promote social, economic and cultural well-being through opportunity, choice,
healing, responsibility and empowerment.
We implement OCHRE, the NSW Government’s plan for Aboriginal affairs, establish partnerships for economic prosperity, support
effective Aboriginal community governance and strengthen cultural identity and language.
As part of the NSW Public Service, Aboriginal Affairs adopts the following values:
Aboriginal Affairs has a unique role in government informed by our agency’s core value of truth and recognition.
- We value Aboriginal cultures.
- We embed Aboriginal voices into our work.
- We promote Aboriginal people’s rights and interests.
- We promote healing and respect.
- We recognise Aboriginal leadership and empowerment.