Stolen Generations Advisory Committee
The NSW Government has established a Stolen Generations Advisory Committee to support the implementation of the NSW Government Response
to ‘Unfinished Business’. The Stolen Generations Advisory Committee reports to the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and the Premier
on issues impacting on Stolen Generations survivors. The Advisory Committee Terms of Reference can be accessed here.
Through the Advisory Committee representatives from the four NSW Stolen Generations Organisations – Kinchela Boys’ Home Aboriginal
Corporation, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation, Children of the Bomaderry Aboriginal Children’s Home Incorporated and the NSW/ACT
Stolen Generations Council – work with government officials from the Departments responsible for delivering services or supports
for Stolen Generations survivors.
Some Stolen Generations Organisations have chosen to nominate an additional representative, to participate when one of the existing
members is not available.
The Advisory Committee members are:
- Aunty Christine Blakeney, Children of Bomaderry Aboriginal Children's Home Incorporated
- Mr Matthew Byers, Children of Bomaderry Aboriginal Children's Home Incorporated
- Uncle James Michael Welsh, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Uncle Lester Maher, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
- Uncle Richard Campbell, Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation (additional representative)
- Aunty Fay Mosely and Aunty Doreen Webster, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Doreen Webster, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation
- Aunty Rachel Berecz, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation (additional representative)
- Aunty Matilda House, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT
- Aunty Elaine Hughes, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT
- Mr Richard Dawes, Stolen Generations Council NSW/ACT (additional representative)
- Mr Jason Ardler, Aboriginal Affairs (Department of Education)
- TBC, Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Ms Jennifer Mar Young, Director, Family and Community Services
- TBC, Aboriginal Housing Office (Family and Community Services)
- Ms Geraldine Wilson Matenga, Ministry of Health
- Ms Kate Connors, Department of Justice
- Mr Leon Donovan, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
Meetings and Communiques:
The Stolen Generations Advisory Committee has met a number of times since it was established in May 2017.
Meeting communiques are below:
An overview of the work of the Stolen Generations Advisory Committee, as of July 2018 can be found in the Unfinished Business Progress Report to Parliament.