Aboriginal Languages Act 2017 EOI now open
ABORIGINAL LANGUAGES ACT 2017
Aboriginal Languages Establishment Advisory Group
Expressions of Interest now open
Now that the Aboriginal Languages legislation is in place, we are in the establishment phase, which includes:
- forming an Aboriginal Languages Establishment Advisory Group to ensure that Aboriginal languages community stakeholders guide the establishment of the Act, particularly the Aboriginal Languages Trust and strategic plan
- continuing conversations with Aboriginal communities to inform the future direction of Aboriginal languages in NSW
- establishing an intergovernmental working group, with representatives from federal and state government departments and NSW Aboriginal peak bodies to also assist in the establishment phase.
Aboriginal Affairs is now looking for Aboriginal people with a passion for or interest in Aboriginal languages to join the Aboriginal Languages Establishment Advisory Group. If you are:
- An Aboriginal person with skills and expertise/experience in Aboriginal languages;
- Residing in NSW with appropriate standing in the Aboriginal community; and
- Able to actively contribute to the Advisory Group through email, teleconference and face-to-face discussions and meetings.
This opportunity might be for you!
To submit an Expression of Interest please send a letter of no more than two pages by 5pm on Friday 15 December 2017. Your letter should address the three criteria above and why you would like to be on the Advisory Group. Additionally you can send in a resume or other supporting documentation of no more than five pages.
Terms of Reference are available here
For more information email email@example.com or call Jenn Daylight on 02 9561 8136 (freecall: 1800 019 998).
View PDF version